Why settle with just the Fundamentals when you can advance in SaberCraft’s advancement achievement program called the Magic City Knights.
Students enrolled in the program will have access to advanced classes, exams that will test their skills and provide them an opportunity where they can partake in a leadership role in classes and community events including workshops and conventions (Cons).
Already a Knight, access the Knights section.
Why become a Magic City Knight?
Rather than practicing with others occasionally or when partners can make time, joining the Knights guarantees that there are like-minded individuals who are setting aside their time to practice the art to its fullest.
You’ll only get out of it what you put in.
Magic City Knights start by enrolling in our Advanced Classes. After having tested for Rank 1 and attained your first sash, you then are considered a Magic City Knight. SaberCraft Knights is a ranking system intended to capture a student’s dedication and hard work in understanding aspects of saber-combat, yoga, movement, public performance and self-discipline. It is the path of the hero on their journey toward self-empowerment, greater discipline and focused intention.
The ranking system is based on the following levels:
- Level 0: Candidate – a new candidate who started the program – Considered an Advanced Student – NOT A KNIGHT.
- Level 1: Initiate – accomplish the 1st Exam involving the requirements with 25 minimum hours
- Level 2: Acolyte – accomplish the 2nd Exam involving the requirements with 50 minimum hours
- Level 3: Fellow – accomplish the 3rd Exam involving the requirements with 75 minimum hours
- Level 4: Master Knight – accomplish the 4th Exam involving the requirements with 100 minimum hours
Between each level are requirements of enhancement that the student must accomplish successfully involving:
- Yoga poses
- Saber combat notation
- Saber combat skills
- Saber Forms
- Staged Choreography
- Instruction of private classes and public classes
- Opportunities to teach at public classes
Ranks are designated by a white sash given to the student who chooses the path of the Magic City Knight.
The program requires that the student is enrolled through the duration of their path toward Knight and regularly attends. You do not grow a skill unless you practice it often among peers more advanced than you. It is the true path to growth.
Pricing and Scheduling
Advancing as a Knight requires testing and ceremonies
There is no special price to become a Knight, as you continue to pay as an Advanced Student. In order to cover the cost of creating a hand-made sash for the candidate and to arrange our immersive ceremony, each rank requires a one-time payment:
- Candidate to Initiate Ceremony & Sash: $50
- Initiate to Acolyte Ceremony & Sash Update: $40
- Acolyte to Fellow Ceremony & Sash Update: $35
- Fellow to Master Knight Ceremony & Sash Update: $30
- Examination and Advancement sashes are included only for Monthly students.
How do I pay for membership?
You pay when you are ready to test and advance into the program. You will receive a receipt via email for reference. You’ll automatically be added to the upcoming class attendance.
Can anyone join?
It depends. This is for anyone, male or female, aged 16 and above, who has a love for sabers, yoga, choreographies and performing. You do not need any previous experience to join. Considering that saber combat is a delicate dance; safety is of highest priority. What does matter is how you interact with the other Knights. In order to join, a candidate must:
- Complete 6 hours of Fundamentals training
- Auditioned and been accepted to the Advanced classes
- Completed 5 Advanced classes
- Agree to the Fundamental Rules of the Restraints and the Observances
- Must be able to get along with the Knights group
- Audition to join the program
The Audition is to test your ability to do the Foundations with ease and to demonstrate to the other Knights your commitment to their safety and support. Auditions are conducted during the 1st Class of every month.
What sabers can I use?
All students are provided with Ultrasabers if they do not have one of their own. If you plan on purchasing your own saber, make sure your sabers is combat-ready safe. We recommend Ultrasabers or Vaders Vault sabers with heavy grade blades. Hasbro or official replica sabers are NOT accepted and will break when clashed with the ones used in class. Contact us and we will be more than happy to help you guide you during your saber build and purchase.
What if I miss a class?
The fees paid are for monthly training sessions. Enlisted Knights are able to carry forward any missed sessions. If you miss 3 sessions, your following month is free. Yes…the deal is that sweet. If you can’t make it to class – no problem, you get a credit to use it anytime later. You may also contact us for private sessions to catch up on your training at an additional charge.
What do I need to bring?
As it’s quite a workout, come in something that you feel comfortable exercising in. A change of clothes if you wish, a Yoga mat if you have one and lastly, maybe some water. If you are bringing a saber, don’t forget to charge it before class.
How long is each class?
Each class is 2 hours with a 5 minute break.
Things to know before you sign up!
- You AGREE by signing up for the SaberCraft Knights that SaberCraft is not liable and responsible for any health risk or injuries that may happen to you. You agree that you’re in good physical health and condition to participate in our program.
- We reserve the right to reject your monthly membership based on disciplinary issues and improper attitude during our training program. This includes continuous behavior that leads to purposeful injury of other participants.
- You agree that we reserve the right to use your image captured on photography or videography for our marketing purposes on print and electronic media.
- Payment will be made out to Alpha Yoga Inc., parent company of SaberCraft.org.